Welcome!

Welcome to Allergy Free & Cheap Like Me!

gluten, dairy, egg & soy free

I’m so happy you are here! I hope to create a place for you to find lots of information about food allergies, as well as, lots of goodies to help you not only eat better, but more affordably! Please feel free to share all of your own tips, tricks, and recipes too! Thank you for stopping by and I hope to see you again very soon! You can read more about my allergy story here.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Udi’s Cinnamon Raisin Bread Reuben Sandwich

This holiday season I was lucky enough to have the kind folks at Udi’s send me some of their gluten free products to sample.

One of these products was Udi's Cinnamon Raisin Bread. Want a new twist on an old favorite? Consider making your next reuben sandwich with Udi’s Cinnamon raisin bread. When my husband first mentioned it to me I thought he was joking, but after tasting it, I discovered he was not joking and not crazy.

To try this delicious cinnamon, raisinized Reuben for yourself, assemble the following ingredients between two pieces of Udi’s Cinnamon raisin bread: corned beef or hot pastrami, a slice of Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, and a dollop of Thousand Island dressing. Let me know what you think! 


What's in Udi's Cinnamon Raisin Bread? The ingredients are as follows: Water, Raisins, Potato starch, modified food starch, brown rice flour, dried cane syrup, tapioca starch, egg whites, canola oil, yeast, cinnamon, tapioca maltodextrin, gum (xanthan gum, sodium alginate, guar gum), salt, cultured corn syrup solids and citric acid (mold inhibitor), enzymes.

Price: $5.00 for a 12 oz loaf.

My Verdict: I really like this bread. I ate it in many different ways, the reuben above, toasted with butter, cinnamon raisin french toast, I even made it into bread crumbs to sprinkle over side dishes. It is tasty and has a great texture. In my opinion the only downside to the cinnamon raisin bread is that it contains eggs. So those who have an issue with eggs you are out of luck!

*Udi's did supply me with this product to review, however as always the opinions in this post are 100% mine and have not been influenced by anyone or anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...