Welcome!

Welcome to Allergy Free & Cheap Like Me!

gluten, dairy, egg & soy free

I’m so happy you are here! I hope to create a place for you to find lots of information about food allergies, as well as, lots of goodies to help you not only eat better, but more affordably! Please feel free to share all of your own tips, tricks, and recipes too! Thank you for stopping by and I hope to see you again very soon! You can read more about my allergy story here.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

HAWMC Day 31, Recap HAWMC!

I made it! WEGO Health's Health Activist's Writers Month Challenge (HAWMC) is over! I managed to write 30 posts in 30 days not skipping any days. I have to admit it was a real challenge for me at times and I am a bit relieved it is over. But I really enjoyed it, the challenge pushed me to get out of my writing comfort zone and write about topics I normally wouldn't. I hope you enjoyed it too. Thank you for sticking with me during this challenge, I know it was a lot more posting than I normally do. Today I am supposed to just write a quick recap of HAWMC. Recap HAWMC; You did it! 30 posts in 30 days. Which was your favorite prompt? Which was the most difficult? Which ideas will you reuse? Who was your favorite fellow blogger? 

Here are my thoughts on the challenge. 

Which was your favorite prompt?

I would have to say my favorite prompts were, Quotation Inspiration - I really enjoyed drawing inspiration from quotes. Dear 16 Year Old Me - surprisingly I really enjoyed this one. When I first looked at the list of prompt this one made me kind of roll my eyes but in the end I think it was kind of therapeutic and I really ended up enjoying it. 10 Things I Couldn't Live Without - this one made me think of what is really important in my life. The Things We Forget - I will definitely use these Post-Its again, and Word Cloud - I've always wondered how people made those word clouds and now I know, I see a lot of them in my future! 

Which was most difficult?

The most difficult ones for me were, Health Mascot - I just really wasn't into this one much I don't really feel like my blog needs a mascot although I still like what I came up with for my mascot. Third Person Post - I found it hard to think of a memory I wanted to write in third person so I kind of veered from the topic a bit on this one, and Health Tagline - although I think it might be great to write a tagline for my blog I just wasn't feeling this topic so found it hard to write on. Looking back, all of these that I found difficult were in the last stretch of the challenge so maybe I was just a little burnt out, who knows maybe I will explore these further later.

Which ideas will you reuse?

Definitely the more list based posts. They felt easy and more fun to read, not to mention easier for me to write! Also the posts that allowed some creativity such as, The Things We Forget, Word Cloud, and Keep Calm and Carry On were a lot of fun for me and not something that I normally would do.

Who was your favorite fellow blogger?

I have to say, one of the things that I regret was not being able to have the time to read through more of other bloggers posts during the challenge. I know there were some great posts out there that I missed and hopefully I will find the time to slowly read through some more of them. 


I also just want to say thank you to WEGO Health for putting together this challenge, it has been a lot of fun and what a great way to bring together so many wonderful bloggers!


1 comment:

  1. Apna Showroom Black Hair Band for Women or Girls (Pack Of 5+1+2 earrings) Unbreakable Plastic
    Metal hairband for men women girls hair band Black hair bands for women black hairband men boys black metal hairband plastic hair band for women black hairbands for girls boys apna showroom
    Apna Showroom Baby Girls' Plastic Hair Clutcher Clips Claw Combo-35 Pieces (Multicolour, Small apsw_hairclipband for girls)
    hair clutcher for women hair clips for women clutcher for women or girls claw clips hair clips for baby girls

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...