Welcome!

Welcome to Allergy Free & Cheap Like Me!

gluten, dairy, egg & soy free

I’m so happy you are here! I hope to create a place for you to find lots of information about food allergies, as well as, lots of goodies to help you not only eat better, but more affordably! Please feel free to share all of your own tips, tricks, and recipes too! Thank you for stopping by and I hope to see you again very soon! You can read more about my allergy story here.

Sunday, April 8, 2012

HAWMC Day 8, Best Conversation I had this Week

Happy Easter! Today's topic is; Best conversation I had this week. Try writing script-style (or with dialogue) today to recap an awesome conversation you had this week.

The best conversation I had this week was with my daughter. It went something like this.

Me: "Hi sweetie! Good morning. Did you sleep well?"

Charlotte: "da da ba da, ba da ba ba." (followed by a giggle and a big smile)

Me: "Good, I am so happy. I love you. Are you playing?"

Charlotte: "Ah yah yah, ya ya yah!"

Me: "Sounds like you are having a lot of fun! Are you ready to get up?"

Charlotte: "Ga ga ga ga ga! Ah ya ya!" 

Me: "Okay. Ready…1…2…3… Up!"

Charlotte: "Ah bah ba bah!" (followed by a grin)

Okay, granted this conversation was just a bunch of babbling from my six month old daughter, but she really had a lot to say and was happy to be able to talk to me. The awesomeness of this conversation was not so much in content of the conversation, but rather what having this conversation made me think about and how it made me feel.

In today's society, where both parents have to work to provide for their family, they are not able to have these conversations on a daily basis with their kids, young or old, because of hectic schedules. But this is not limited to just parents, everyone has busy schedules and can sometimes find it hard to find time to chat with someone; even if it is just to shoot the breeze. By nature, human beings are social creatures and studies have shown that in person conversations have huge health benefits. With this in mind, any and every conversation can have some level of awesomeness, even the conversations that seem pointless or are incomprehensible (e.g. baby babbling). The important thing is to have a conversation for your health's sake.

Now that you are done reading this post, hop on the phone, Skype, or turn to the person sitting next to you and strike up a conversation. (Facebook, Tweeting, texting, or smoke signaling don't count as a conversation this time, sorry). 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...