Welcome!

Welcome to Allergy Free & Cheap Like Me!

gluten, dairy, egg & soy free

I’m so happy you are here! I hope to create a place for you to find lots of information about food allergies, as well as, lots of goodies to help you not only eat better, but more affordably! Please feel free to share all of your own tips, tricks, and recipes too! Thank you for stopping by and I hope to see you again very soon! You can read more about my allergy story here.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Healthy Crumbs Week: New Product Thursday: New Genius Bread by Glutino!

Healthy Crumb: New Product Thursday

New Genius Bread by Glutino!
I am very excited to share with you the new Genius Bread by Glutino!  I was lucky enough to be able to sample this wonderful new bread by Glutino before it hits U.S. shelves.  Glutino has partnered with the UK"s popular Genius Gluten-Free to add a delicious bread to Glutino's already overflowing gluten-free portfolio. Genius by Glutino is a sandwich-ready loaf of bread that is available in both White and Multigrain Sandwich varieties. It becomes available nationwide beginning in August. 

What is in the new Genius Bread by Glutino?
The White Sandwich Bread ingredients are: Water, potato starch, corn starch, canola oil, tapioca starch, dried egg whites, rice bran, cellulose powder, yeast, inverted sugar, sugar, salt, modified cellulose, xanthan gum, calcium sulfate, and enzymes.
The Multigrain Sandwich Bread ingredient are: Water, potato starch, canola oil, corn starch, tapioca starch, dried egg whites, rice bran, molasses, cellulose powder, yeast, inverted sugar, sugar, modified cellulose, sugar beet fibre, salt, xanthan gum, calcium sulfate, and enzymes. 
So what did I think of the new Genius Bread? It tastes absolutely wonderful!  It comes in a pre-cut, normal sized loaf. Yes, that's right, I said normal sized. Each slice is the size of a normal glutinous loaf of bread! I was able to try the White Sandwich Bread variety and it tasted so yummy. I tried it multiple ways, not toasted, toasted, as sandwich bread, as cinnamon toasted bread, as garlic bread…there are so many possibilities; the options are endless! It tasted great every way I tried it. I can only imagine the multigrain variety will taste just as delicious. The White Sandwich Bread I tried made a normal sized sandwich any gluten eating person would be jealous of, including my husband. I am pretty sure I could have passed it off as regular bread and no one would have been the wiser. Yep, it's that good!
So come August, run, not walk, to your local grocery store and try the new Genius bread by Glutino. I promise you, you will not be disappointed. To locate a store near you that carries Glutino brand products click here.
As a side note, for those of you who are allergic to eggs this bread DOES contain dried egg whites.
*The opinions in this post are mine and have not been influenced by anyone or anything and I have benefited in no way by this review.




2 comments:

  1. I can't find it in my small town of Rome. Is it in Atlanta?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike, were you able to find the Genius bread? You can search for a retailer by going to, http://www.glutino.com/locate-a-retailer/ it looks like there are a few retailers in Atlanta!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...