Welcome!

Welcome to Allergy Free & Cheap Like Me!

gluten, dairy, egg & soy free

I’m so happy you are here! I hope to create a place for you to find lots of information about food allergies, as well as, lots of goodies to help you not only eat better, but more affordably! Please feel free to share all of your own tips, tricks, and recipes too! Thank you for stopping by and I hope to see you again very soon! You can read more about my allergy story here.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

HAWMC Day 3, Superpower Day

Today's challenge topic is Superpower Day; If you had a superpower – what would it be? How would you use it?

I was having a hard time deciding which superpower to have. So I decided to ask the "man of steel" himself, Superman, for some advice on superpowers and which ones are worth having. Below is an excerpt of my interview.

Elizabeth: "What should I call you? Mr. Superman, Mr. Kent, or just Superman? 

Superman: "You can call me whatever you like, most people just go with Superman."

Elizabeth: "Okay, Superman. So everyone knows you have many superpowers; like superhuman strength, invulnerability, you can fly, superhuman speed, x-ray vision, etc. Of all the superpowers you do have, is there one that don't have that you wish you did have?"

Superman: "Wow, now that is I question I do not get asked very often. Let me think…well…it would probably be some kind of power that would not make me allergic to Kryptonite. Yes, that would be it."

Elizabeth: "Seriously? Given all the superhero powers you and your Super Friends have, the power to overcome your allergic reaction to Kryptonite would be the one you would pick?"

Superman: "Sure. What a lot of people do not realize is that, like other people with allergies and/or food intolerances, having an allergic reaction can really ruin my day. I just do not feel good and it can take days for me to feel better. Lois always feels bad because there is not a whole lot she can do to help make me feel better.  As you can imagine, I am not the world's easiest patient."

Elizabeth: "But it's not like there is Kryptonite on every street corner or it's a common ingredient in bread that you have to worry about avoiding."

Superman: "True, but from time to time, Lex and his fellow Legion of Doom members decide to send me random 'care packages' wrapped in thin, lead-foil wrapping paper. Often time these 'care packages' have some sort of Kryptonite laced bomb, baked goods, shirt,…"

Elizabeth: "Kryptonite shirt?"

Superman: "The buttons on the shirt were carved Kryptonite."

Elizabeth: "Wow."

In the rest of the interview, we went on to talk about his favorite foods, how he and Lois maintain their relationship, and what blogs he reads (unfortunately not mine, but I understand, he's a busy guy).

Anyhow, although I am not sure that my interview with Superman helped me decide which superpower I would want if I could have one, it did help me realize even the most powerful people, or superheroes in this case, have their own "Kryptonite allergy" to overcome. Maybe my superpower would be the ability to spread empathy for those of us who live with allergies to those without allergies.

If you could have a superpower what would it be?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...